Archive for the original Category

1949 Original Hand Signed Check Frank Lloyd Wright Autograph To Farmers Bank

1949 Original Hand Signed Check Frank Lloyd Wright Autograph To Farmers Bank

1949 Original Hand Signed Check Frank Lloyd Wright Autograph To Farmers Bank

1949 Original Hand Signed Check Frank Lloyd Wright Autograph To Farmers Bank

1949 Original Hand Signed Check Frank Lloyd Wright Autograph To Farmers Bank

This 1949 autographed BANK CHECK is personally signed by Frank Lloyd Wright in blue ink. It has a marking in blue ink of’1433′. It is’THE FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT FOUNDATION TALIESIN SPRING GREEN WISCONSIN’. It is marked check number’2415′. Frank Lloyd Wright became famous and sought after with his Prairie Style architecture which strived for’an organic’ architecture for homes and commercial buildings. One of these styles was’open floor plan’ which he believed was the antidote to a’closed-in’ architecture. This personal bank check from Mr. Wright’s Foundation is a rare find and great specimen of his flair signature. The item “1949 ORIGINAL HAND SIGNED CHECK FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT AUTOGRAPH TO FARMERS BANK” is in sale since Tuesday, February 12, 2019. This item is in the category “Collectibles\Autographs\Historical”. The seller is “onekindantiques” and is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This item can be shipped worldwide.

Original Hard To Find Frank Lloyd Wright Designed 1892 Garrick Theater/schiller

Original Hard To Find Frank Lloyd Wright Designed 1892 Garrick Theater/schiller

Original schiller building or garrick theater exterior terra cotta column capital panel featuring richly ornamented repeating flowers designed by louis h. Sullivan or frank lloyd wright. The buff-colored slip gaze ornament was molded by kristian schneider and fabricated by the northwestern terra cotta company, chicago, ills. A collection of garrick theater ornament will be added over the coming weeks. The non-extant late 19th century terra cotta-clad schiller building (later known as dearborn and garrick theater) was designed by the architectural firm of adler & sullivan for the german opera company. At the time of its construction, it was one among the tallest buildings in downtown chicago. The buildings focal point was an elaborately designed 1,300-seat theater noted for its highly organic-themed plaster ornament and remarkable acoustics. Opened in 1892, the schiller theater was originally funded by german investors and was projected to be used for german-language operas and cultural events. One of the more tangible references to its german heritage was a series of terra cotta busts of prominent german figures integrated within the second story arcade. It was briefly known as the dearborn theater from 1898 to 1903, until finally settling on the name garrick theater. After german investors backed out of the project in the late 1890s, it ceased its german performances, and exhibited touring stage shows. In the 1930s the theater was acquired by balaban & katz and subsequently used as a television studio and movie theater. After a long decline that began during the depression, the garrick was razed in 1960 and replaced with a parking structure. The demolition instigated a large outcry and is considered to be one of the first wide scale preservation efforts in chicago. Photographer and historical preservationist richard nickel spearheaded an effort to document and rescue hundreds of architectural artifacts from the building shortly before and during its demolition. Several matching sections available. Priced for the lot – will separate. The item “ORIGINAL HARD TO FIND FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT DESIGNED 1892 GARRICK THEATER/SCHILLER” is in sale since Monday, January 28, 2019. This item is in the category “Antiques\Decorative Arts\Other Antique Decorative Arts”. The seller is “urbanremains” and is located in Chicago, Illinois. This item can be shipped worldwide.

Incoming search terms:

  • titlec5w

Original Hard To Find Frank Lloyd Wright Designed 1892 Garrick Theater/schiller

Original Hard To Find Frank Lloyd Wright Designed 1892 Garrick Theater/schiller

Original schiller building or garrick theater exterior terra cotta column capital panel featuring richly ornamented repeating flowers designed by louis h. Sullivan or frank lloyd wright. The buff-colored slip gaze ornament was molded by kristian schneider and fabricated by the northwestern terra cotta company, chicago, ills. A collection of garrick theater ornament will be added over the coming weeks. The non-extant late 19th century terra cotta-clad schiller building (later known as dearborn and garrick theater) was designed by the architectural firm of adler & sullivan for the german opera company. At the time of its construction, it was one among the tallest buildings in downtown chicago. The buildings focal point was an elaborately designed 1,300-seat theater noted for its highly organic-themed plaster ornament and remarkable acoustics. Opened in 1892, the schiller theater was originally funded by german investors and was projected to be used for german-language operas and cultural events. One of the more tangible references to its german heritage was a series of terra cotta busts of prominent german figures integrated within the second story arcade. It was briefly known as the dearborn theater from 1898 to 1903, until finally settling on the name garrick theater. After german investors backed out of the project in the late 1890s, it ceased its german performances, and exhibited touring stage shows. In the 1930s the theater was acquired by balaban & katz and subsequently used as a television studio and movie theater. After a long decline that began during the depression, the garrick was razed in 1960 and replaced with a parking structure. The demolition instigated a large outcry and is considered to be one of the first wide scale preservation efforts in chicago. Photographer and historical preservationist richard nickel spearheaded an effort to document and rescue hundreds of architectural artifacts from the building shortly before and during its demolition. Several matching sections available. Priced for the lot – will separate. The item “ORIGINAL HARD TO FIND FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT DESIGNED 1892 GARRICK THEATER/SCHILLER” is in sale since Friday, December 28, 2018. This item is in the category “Antiques\Decorative Arts\Other Antique Decorative Arts”. The seller is “urbanremains” and is located in Chicago, Illinois. This item can be shipped worldwide.

Original Early 20th Cent. Historically-important Frank Lloyd-wright Designed Lea

Original Early 20th Cent. Historically-important Frank Lloyd-wright Designed Lea

Original Early 20th Cent. Historically-important Frank Lloyd-wright Designed Lea

Original Early 20th Cent. Historically-important Frank Lloyd-wright Designed Lea

Original Early 20th Cent. Historically-important Frank Lloyd-wright Designed Lea

1901-02 oversized leaded art glass window or possibly door pane designed by american architect frank lloyd wright for the extant william e. Fricke residence located in oak park, il. The strongly geometric “light screen” is comprised of closely arranged lead cames with clear glass, interspersed by subtle blue opalescent squares throughout. The long and narrow segmented rectangles along the top, consist of hammered texture blue opalescent glass topped with pink cathedral glass squares. The exact fabricator is not known, but could be attributed to temple art glass or possible the linden glass company. The large window was purportedly removed from the passage way leading to the the non-extant pavilion that was demolished in the 1920′s. The three-story william g. Fricke house was originally designed and built in 1901-02 on the corner of fair oaks avenue and iowa street in oak park, il. The lot stood vacant until 1948 when a nondescript house was erected. Frank lloyd wright designed the house in 1901 during a brief partnership with webster itomlinson. Wright designed the garage for martin 1907. Fricke commissioned wright to build the home shortly after he became a managing partner at the weber-costello-fricke co. Specializing in school supplies. The stucco-clad house is one of the first completely mature prairie style designs by frank lloyd wright. Around this time wright had dropped nearly all of his classical and “sullivanesque” elements from his designs and/or commissions. The house is considered to be the most successful of wright’s three story prairie homes. To this day, it remains a private residence. The window measures 50 x 27 3/4 inches. Note: measurements include oak frame. The item “ORIGINAL EARLY 20TH CENT. HISTORICALLY-IMPORTANT FRANK LLOYD-WRIGHT DESIGNED LEA” is in sale since Sunday, December 16, 2018. This item is in the category “Antiques\Architectural & Garden\Stained Glass Windows”. The seller is “urbanremains” and is located in Chicago, Illinois. This item can be shipped worldwide.

Original Frank Lloyd Wright 1990 USA Architecture Exhibition Poster

Original Frank Lloyd Wright 1990 USA Architecture Exhibition Poster

Truly a WOW piece to have within your art collection and/or interior design decoration. Original 1990 solo exhibition poster by master artist and architect Frank Lloyd Wright. Poster size is 11×36 inches. Indeed, THE one artwork to place in that vertical space that you have been wanting to decor. The item “Original Frank Lloyd Wright 1990 USA Architecture Exhibition Poster” is in sale since Wednesday, December 5, 2018. This item is in the category “Art\Art Posters”. The seller is “thefinestartgallery” and is located in Miami, Florida. This item can be shipped to United States.
  • Originality: Original

Original Early 20th Cent. Historically-important Frank Lloyd-wright Designed Lea

Original Early 20th Cent. Historically-important Frank Lloyd-wright Designed Lea

Original Early 20th Cent. Historically-important Frank Lloyd-wright Designed Lea

Original Early 20th Cent. Historically-important Frank Lloyd-wright Designed Lea

Original Early 20th Cent. Historically-important Frank Lloyd-wright Designed Lea

1901-02 oversized leaded art glass window or possibly door pane designed by american architect frank lloyd wright for the extant william e. Fricke residence located in oak park, il. The strongly geometric “light screen” is comprised of closely arranged lead cames with clear glass, interspersed by subtle blue opalescent squares throughout. The long and narrow segmented rectangles along the top, consist of hammered texture blue opalescent glass topped with pink cathedral glass squares. The exact fabricator is not known, but could be attributed to temple art glass or possible the linden glass company. The large window was purportedly removed from the passage way leading to the the non-extant pavilion that was demolished in the 1920′s. The three-story william g. Fricke house was originally designed and built in 1901-02 on the corner of fair oaks avenue and iowa street in oak park, il. The lot stood vacant until 1948 when a nondescript house was erected. Frank lloyd wright designed the house in 1901 during a brief partnership with webster itomlinson. Wright designed the garage for martin 1907. Fricke commissioned wright to build the home shortly after he became a managing partner at the weber-costello-fricke co. Specializing in school supplies. The stucco-clad house is one of the first completely mature prairie style designs by frank lloyd wright. Around this time wright had dropped nearly all of his classical and “sullivanesque” elements from his designs and/or commissions. The house is considered to be the most successful of wright’s three story prairie homes. To this day, it remains a private residence. The window measures 50 x 27 3/4 inches. Note: measurements include oak frame. The item “ORIGINAL EARLY 20TH CENT. HISTORICALLY-IMPORTANT FRANK LLOYD-WRIGHT DESIGNED LEA” is in sale since Monday, November 12, 2018. This item is in the category “Antiques\Architectural & Garden\Stained Glass Windows”. The seller is “urbanremains” and is located in Chicago, Illinois. This item can be shipped worldwide.

Original Hard To Find Frank Lloyd Wright Designed 1892 Garrick Theater/schiller

Original Hard To Find Frank Lloyd Wright Designed 1892 Garrick Theater/schiller

Original schiller building or garrick theater exterior terra cotta column capital panel featuring richly ornamented repeating flowers designed by louis h. Sullivan or frank lloyd wright. The buff-colored slip gaze ornament was molded by kristian schneider and fabricated by the northwestern terra cotta company, chicago, ills. A collection of garrick theater ornament will be added over the coming weeks. The non-extant late 19th century terra cotta-clad schiller building (later known as dearborn and garrick theater) was designed by the architectural firm of adler & sullivan for the german opera company. At the time of its construction, it was one among the tallest buildings in downtown chicago. The buildings focal point was an elaborately designed 1,300-seat theater noted for its highly organic-themed plaster ornament and remarkable acoustics. Opened in 1892, the schiller theater was originally funded by german investors and was projected to be used for german-language operas and cultural events. One of the more tangible references to its german heritage was a series of terra cotta busts of prominent german figures integrated within the second story arcade. It was briefly known as the dearborn theater from 1898 to 1903, until finally settling on the name garrick theater. After german investors backed out of the project in the late 1890s, it ceased its german performances, and exhibited touring stage shows. In the 1930s the theater was acquired by balaban & katz and subsequently used as a television studio and movie theater. After a long decline that began during the depression, the garrick was razed in 1960 and replaced with a parking structure. The demolition instigated a large outcry and is considered to be one of the first wide scale preservation efforts in chicago. Photographer and historical preservationist richard nickel spearheaded an effort to document and rescue hundreds of architectural artifacts from the building shortly before and during its demolition. Several matching sections available. Priced for the lot – will separate. The item “ORIGINAL HARD TO FIND FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT DESIGNED 1892 GARRICK THEATER/SCHILLER” is in sale since Friday, October 19, 2018. This item is in the category “Antiques\Decorative Arts\Other Antique Decorative Arts”. The seller is “urbanremains” and is located in Chicago, Illinois. This item can be shipped worldwide.

Original Art RAIN by Dakota Rogers Hand Embroidered in Frank Lloyd Wright Style

Original Art RAIN by Dakota Rogers Hand Embroidered in Frank Lloyd Wright Style

Original Art RAIN by Dakota Rogers Hand Embroidered in Frank Lloyd Wright Style

Original Art RAIN by Dakota Rogers Hand Embroidered in Frank Lloyd Wright Style

Original Art RAIN by Dakota Rogers Hand Embroidered in Frank Lloyd Wright Style

Original Art Created by Dakota Rogers RAIN one of a kind Creator retains copyrights a hand embroidered piece in the Frank Lloyd Wright Style 18″ x 19″ Triple matted in hand dyed coordinating silk mats Framed in a brushed champagne “metallic” wood frame Awarded a ribbon by the American Needlepoint Guild of America and this piece appears on their web site This is a non-returnable item. Please contact with any questions. The item “Original Art RAIN by Dakota Rogers Hand Embroidered in Frank Lloyd Wright Style” is in sale since Sunday, October 7, 2018. This item is in the category “Art\Paintings”. The seller is “designerneedle” and is located in Canon City, Colorado. This item can be shipped to United States.

Original Wasmuth Portfolio Frank Lloyd Wright 1910, 1 Of Only 30 Remaining

Original Wasmuth Portfolio Frank Lloyd Wright 1910, 1 Of Only 30 Remaining

Original Wasmuth Portfolio Frank Lloyd Wright 1910, 1 Of Only 30 Remaining

Original Wasmuth Portfolio Frank Lloyd Wright 1910, 1 Of Only 30 Remaining

Original Wasmuth Portfolio Frank Lloyd Wright 1910, 1 Of Only 30 Remaining

Original Wasmuth Portfolio Frank Lloyd Wright 1910, 1 Of Only 30 Remaining

Original Wasmuth Portfolio Frank Lloyd Wright 1910, 1 Of Only 30 Remaining

Original Wasmuth Portfolio Frank Lloyd Wright 1910, 1 Of Only 30 Remaining

Original Wasmuth Portfolio Frank Lloyd Wright 1910, 1 Of Only 30 Remaining

Original Wasmuth Portfolio Frank Lloyd Wright 1910, 1 Of Only 30 Remaining

Original Wasmuth Portfolio Frank Lloyd Wright 1910, 1 Of Only 30 Remaining

Original Wasmuth Portfolio Frank Lloyd Wright 1910, 1 Of Only 30 Remaining

Original Wasmuth Portfolio Frank Lloyd Wright 1910, 1 Of Only 30 Remaining

Hello and thank you for looking. For your consideration is an unbelievably rare original copy of Frank Lloyd Wrights, Wasmuth Portofolio. This portfolio needs little introduction as it is often hailed as the most important collection of architectural design work of the last 200 years. This particular Wasmuth, is incomplete, as many are. The complete Wasmuth comes in 2 volumes, with a total of 72 plates, containing 100 lithographs. This Wasmuth includes one of the volumes, however it contains 52 plates, with plates from both Volumes. Many of the plates have a tissue paper overlay with additional images and structures. Each plate bears the telltale embossed Frank Lloyd Wright square logo and name. In addition to the 52 plates, the portfolio has many pages of texts written on thin Tissue paper, in German, without English translation (the later Wasmuths contain English translation). The text includes a complete Table of Contents listing the Plates (Tafels). The lack of translation dates this to 1910, the year the Wasmuth was published, or very near. As you can see, this Wasmuth has suffered some water damage. The water has created some deterioration of the front cover (the back cover is fine), and a good number of the plates do have some water staining. I have included a number of pictures of the plates to illustrate the range of staining. Many plates have almost no staining at all. The reason that such a small number of Wasmuth folios remain, is most were consumed in the fire at Taliesin. It has been suggested to me that this copy may have survived this fire, which would account for the water damage. This particular Wasmuth belonged to a fellow of Taliesin, and student/friend of Frank Lloyd Wrights, and a very skilled architect in his own right. While completeness and condition certainly influence the value of this piece, the extreme scarcity of the Wasmuth results in incomplete and damaged copies that still retain substantial value. This is at the extreme low range of the estimate I received from Swann Galleries. Individual plates generally sell from several hundred to several thousand dollars. Below is a list of the plate numbers (Tafels) included in this Portfolio. Thank you and best of luck. The item “Original Wasmuth Portfolio Frank Lloyd Wright 1910, 1 Of Only 30 Remaining” is in sale since Saturday, August 18, 2018. This item is in the category “Books\Antiquarian & Collectible”. The seller is “bassplayer1979″ and is located in Chandler, Arizona. This item can be shipped worldwide.
  • Original/Facsimile: Original

Original Frank Lloyd Wright Cassina Dining table and 6 chairs

Original Frank Lloyd Wright Cassina Dining table and 6 chairs

Original Frank Lloyd Wright Cassina Dining table and 6 chairs

Original Frank Lloyd Wright Cassina Dining table and 6 chairs

Original Frank Lloyd Wright Cassina Dining table and 6 chairs

Original Frank Lloyd Wright Cassina Dining table and 6 chairs

Original Frank Lloyd Wright Cassina Dining table and 6 chairs

Original Frank Lloyd Wright Cassina Dining table and 6 chairs

Original Frank Lloyd Wright Cassina Dining table and 6 chairs

Original Frank Lloyd Wright Cassina Dining table and 6 chairs

Original Frank Lloyd Wright Cassina Dining table and 6 chairs

Original Frank Lloyd Wright Cassina Dining table and 6 chairs

Original Frank Lloyd Wright Cassina Dining table and 6 chairs

Distinguished dining set, large table and six chairs, in the classic combination of cherry color wood with light color leather seating. Vintage 1986 version in excellent condition. All pieces marked with Cassina stamp, serial no. And Frank Lloyd Wright signature. Very good condition, minor imperfections. Length: 98.5 Width: 38.7 Height: 28 Chair height: short chair 27.5 and bigger chair 37. The item “Original Frank Lloyd Wright Cassina Dining table and 6 chairs” is in sale since Tuesday, August 14, 2018. This item is in the category “Antiques\Furniture\Dining Sets\Post-1950″. The seller is “great-stuff-5″ and is located in Miami Beach, Florida. This item can’t be shipped, the buyer must pick up the item.
  • Material: Wood
  • Original/Reproduction: Original
  • Width: 38.7
  • Color: Medium Wood Tone
  • Maker: Frank Lloyd Wright